I'm interested. What do I need to do next?
Clients: Please follow steps 1- 8
Instructors: Please follow steps 1, 2, 3, & 6-9
1. Tour Arrange a site tour. Call us at (858) 859-CHEF/2433 or E-mail us at
2. Application Submit your completed application along with a $25 application fee. The Tenant Application is available by clicking the Tenant Application button above.
3. Insurance Obtain your own or contact:
Snapp & Associates Insurance Inc. State Farm
438 Camino Del Rio S, Ste.112 12396 World Trade Dr, Ste. 113
San Diego, CA 92108 OR San Diego, CA 92128
Ph# (619) 908-3100 Ph# (858) 679-2880
Agent: Daniel E. Beck Agent: Amanda Cowgill
We will need a copy of your liability insurance with My Foodie Kitchen as ‘Additional Insured’ showing a minimum of $1 million each occurrence and $2 million aggregate.
4. Permits & Licenses A Business Tax License is required from the City you will conduct business in. Food Safety Management Certificate is needed for the Owner/Manager. All other kitchen users need a Food Safety Handler’s Certificate.
5. SDCDEH Schedule a plan check appointment with San Diego County Department of Environmental Health at www.sdcdeh.org - which could take up to two weeks from your request date. MFK will provide the Commissary Form to take with you.
6. Deposit Submit a refundable Security Deposit of $300
7. Rental Agreement Complete and sign the rental agreement with MFK
8. Reservation Go to the Member Login tab to make your reservations
9. Cooking Class Waiver To be filled by all students before class
Follow the easy next steps to get your business started